Do you want to join our design team?
We’re hiring a full time Designer to join our small but mighty company!
Hello! We are Herd. We do print and digital design, we build websites, make animations and do digital marketing. We believe in creativity and we believe that creative projects should – and can – be fun. We do beautiful, effective and powerful work that connects our clients with their customers.
We’re a hands-on team. All of us play a vital role in the creative process – whether that’s generating ideas, communicating them, designing or building them. We’ve got a lot of love for what we do – we take great pleasure and pride in our work and wouldn’t want to be doing anything else.
We work across all sectors and sizes of client, which means that every day is interesting. From building a website for a prestigious Oxford institution to building a brand for an impressive tech start-up, no two days are the same and all of it is fun.
We don’t have an office, and we don’t feel the need for one. We all work remotely from our home studios and we’ve got a great set of tools that make this easy. We get together every week to plan, collaborate, catch up and sometimes we treat ourselves to a pub lunch. We think this is a perfect way of working – we get to spend our time doing the things we love and less time stuck in a ghastly commute.
You and the role
You’ll be joining our core team of 4 creatives and you’d be our second full-time designer. You’ll work closely with the the whole team and our Creative Director will be your line manager.
You’d be tackling a variety of different design projects – from the humble business card through to impressive website designs via educational policy papers and exciting animations.
We believe design is more than making things look beautiful. There needs to be method to the madness so we’re obsessed with making sure all our work communicates effectively with its intended audience as well as looking fantastic.
We’re looking for somebody who has excellent verbal and written communication skills. We need you to be able to communicate your design decisions and ideas clearly and effectively – to us and to our customers. You will need to be organised, self motivated and love working as part of a team, despite needing to work independently more often than not.
- You’ll have at least 2 years of design or digital agency experience
- You should be an expert user of the Adobe Creative Cloud suite of tools
- You should be a confident user of Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Experience with and/or knowledge of WordPress (it’s what we use to build our websites)
- A working knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Adobe After Effects experience
What we offer
- Salary: £22,000 – £25,000 depending on experience.
- Company pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- The ability to work from your home office
- 25 days’ holiday plus all bank holidays
- Additional Birthday holiday day
- A new Mac with Creative Cloud and everything else you might need
- Training opportunities
- Boozey lunch on first day back after Christmas
- No commuting and a lie in, every day.
- And we promise – no team building days!
You will usually work remotely from your home office. You must be able to attend regular in-person meetings in and around Oxford (usually once or twice a week) and occasionally travel to client meetings across South-East of England and beyond.
Having a great work life balance is very important to us, so our standard working week is 35 hours. Our core working hours are 10am until 4pm, being flexible either side.
How to apply
You must have the right to live and work in the UK.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org containing:
- A covering letter explaining why you’d be good for this role
- Your CV
- Your portfolio (this could just be a link to an online portfolio)
*No agencies please – we’ve got this covered.*
Have we whetted your appetite?
Take another bite and get in touch - we’d love to help make your next creative project simple, fun and just an overall roaring success.